Tuesday, August 30, 2011

cheers to a new me!

So this weekend was wonderful didn't do anything overly exciting, but I did get out and about, the best part about the whole weekend was Saturday night playing a game of ultimate Frisbee for the first time which I loved and than we headed to one of the guys house afterwards and hung out. To be honest it was my first time since being here in Colorado for 3 months that I went and hung out with a group of people just having fun, it was a blast it was nice to be myself let loose have fun. So on Sunday night I had made plans to go on a walk with a guy the one who just wants to be "friends" well right before we were suppose to meet some plans changed and we ended up not being able to go on this walk so I came home that night sorta just in a little bit of a you know God I just want to go out have a date, sorta mood so I went out on my porch and and sat on the swing and had a little talk with God. and well since our little talk I have had a little more confidence I think one of the biggest things was coming to a understand with myself that I know who I am and I don't need a guy to define that for me. But also that my Heavenly Father has a plan for me and sure I could probably find a guy out there to date but would he be what is best for me or what just fills my temporal needs.I have been able to slowly start to let go of the guy who just wants to be friends, and start to feel the same way towards him as he does towards me, so that is a great feeling.  I do have a date though this Saturday night so we will see :) I do know that God is watching out for me. I did hear me as I sat there and had my little discussion with him the other night yay, means I wasn't talking to myself! but I think each day I really am just learning so much more about me and that just helps me to become such a happier and happier person which is really all I want any ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment