Saturday, August 20, 2011

is it time to start kissing frogs?

Tomorrow is my 4 year old nieces birthday party and she is so excited that its a princess party, my niece is all about everything princess. What it does is help me remember those days of waiting for my prince to come riding in on a white horse or swing off a rope to rescue me from a fire breathing dragon, maybe even get one to give me a kiss that will wake me from this awful dream that  I am in whereI am 25 and single! wait is that really that awful of a thing? do I need to start kissing frogs hoping they will turn into the prince I once wished for? I think sometimes the society I have grown up in has made it seem that 25 is old not to be married and there must be something wrong with you but looking back at the guys I would have married when i was 18-now none of the marriage would have turned out too great, I hadn't been picking those prince Charming, something happened between the ages of 4 and 16 where I stopped seeing myself as a princess and deserving of a prince and starting seeing myself as much less and its taken me until know to figure out that I deserve much more in life. I do wish there was a way to make dating life so much easier if I could just kiss a frog and he turn into the perfect guy, sometimes that sounds just nice but other days I do enjoy the excitement of getting asked out on a date and having a crush and the knowledge of knowing someone likes you and the emotions that come with that both good and bad make for growing situations. As time goes on and I get a little wiser and older with each year I find that what ever doesn't made break me just makes me stronger and I learn and grow each day. So I don't see my self kissing any frogs anytime soon but I do know that some day the prince that I deserve is out there and together we can go fight the fire breathing dragons!

No comments:

Post a Comment